Each topic faces a balancing act. A relationship can be off balance in either direction. There are 2 unhealthy extreme ways of handling each topic and there is a healthy middle: The Third Option.
“Unhappy spouses may hope that time heals all wounds and the relationship will get better. But the healthy couples try to resolve problems rather than outlast them.” ~Lauer
- Do I take responsibility in letting my partner know that I feel there is a problem between us?
- Do I turn disagreements into a power struggle to get my way?
- Do I cloud the issue by dredging up past grievances and mixing a lot of issues together?
- Am I willing to compromise?
- Do I refuse to discuss/deal with issues/problems for which my partner has expressed concern or disagreement?
- Do I do everything I can to encourage calm decision and mutual decisions?
Join us to learn The Third Option and how to work your way there, to the healthy, middle solution.